Friday, March 18, 2011

Lone Ranger

IMG_0125

This picture is from my first day in Ghana. They had just picked me up from the airport and we had driven to the Accra Mall. It feels like much longer ago than 2 1/2 months. I had no idea what I was in for! It’s been better than I ever could have expected and also harder than I could have ever imagined and I’ve loved it all.

John returned to the states 2 weeks ago and in so many ways it has felt like I’m just beginning all over again, but I’m adjusting. I’ve been traveling a bit and have managed to make my way to and through Accra (the capital) all by myself! I have to admit it feels quite satisfying knowing I can do it on my own.

Here’s some of what I’ve been doing lately:

IMG_5888Avedo Donation Day

IMG_6080 

Coaching the Backpa-Avedo soccer team (don’t worry, they didn’t really let me coach)

IMG_0494

Exploring lovely old Forts by the ocean.

1 comment:

  1. Tori - I keep coming back to your blog. Just realize that this my favorite blog :) It is really cool to see the picture of one of the world's best soccer teams, "Bakpa-Avedo Schools Soccer Team lol". Yao!

    ReplyDelete